From ColumbusFreenet.org - The Columbus Georgia Wireless Community
Revision as of 00:11, 25 December 2011 by Spam cleanup script
- Feb 27, 2005 - Results from the Fund raiser are available here.
- Feb 12, 2005 - We are organizing a Fund raiser to purchase supplies and equipment for the upcoming NOC installation. Some discussion about planning the event is accessible here if you'd like to participate.
- Feb 8, 2005 - To help people get the hang of the wiki thing, I added this page. Once you're comfortable with your wikiness, check out the stuff that Needs work. But remember! You don't have to be a wiki master to help! Someone can always come along and fix things like formatting after you are done. The important thing is to build our local community of contributors.
- Feb 5, 2005 - There were about seventy people present at the Cannon last Wednesday for the CRTA meeting. What an incredible turn-out! Thanks to everyone in attendance for the wonderful support of ColumbusFreenet.org. News coverage of the meeting is available here.
- Feb 2, 2005 - 11:30A to 1:00P, CRTA ColumbusFreenet.org meeting at the Cannon Brewpub on Broadway.
- Jan 28, 2005 - I finished transferring the remaining content from the old wiki. Still need help proofreading... the markup is different, so I'm sure there's goofs everywhere. Don't forget to log in and create a username. You can practice wiki-fu on your talk page when you have an account, or add yourself to the Volunteers list. Simple edits--like fixing typos--don't even require you to be logged in.
- Jan 26, 2005 - Our friend and fellow CHAOS/CFN volunteer Sam Kuonen (bandwith) is leaving Columbus this weekend to pursue bigger and better things :( Keep in e-touch, Sam! Your company and contributions to this project (and others) will be extremely missed.
- Jan 25, 2005 - The beta version of the new website is now open to the public. We will make the transition to the proper domain name (ColumbusFreenet.org) sometime over the next few days. For now, I'd just like to give everyone an early opportunity to kick the tires on the new site. Wikimedia is incredibly useful, and easier to use IMNSHO. Leave your comments on my talk page (it's a good excuse to practice your wiki-fu.)
- Jan 20, 2005 - It seems our search for a backbone home has ended. Many thanks to Alek of JudyBug's Bookstore on Broadway for generously providing us more space than we could ever need. He's also been a big supporter of this project, almost from its inception. If you've never been, go check out JudyBug's sometime and buy something :) Thanks to them, we'll soon be able to terminate our bandwidth and free the Uptown access points from their current coaxial dependency.